- 1Heat gas to med heat and charcoal until coals are white.
- 2Very lightly baste the chicken with olive oil.
- 3Place one cut up chicken in air tight container and add 1.5 cups Jaymo’s Sauce.
- 4Marinade for 30 minutes or up to a full 24 hours.
- 5Place chicken indirect heating on grill ( on right on top of heat source such as a shelf on a gas grill or to the side on a charcoal grill ).
- 6Grill chicken for 30 minutes turning every ten minutes basting lightly with Jaymo’s Sauce every time you turn.
- 7When close to 160 degrees place chicken directly on top of the heat source to “burn in the sauce” and crisp up the skin.
- 8When chicken reaches 165 degrees remove and serve.
You can also char the chicken when you first put the chicken on the grill as you might a steak and then remove to indirect heat to finish.
Key is to turn often and baste every time as the sauce is also a marinade and will penetrate the meat and not just sit on top of the chicken.